Modularized in a rich mix of text, video, voice-over PowerPoint™ lectures, scenario-based practice sessions, and other state-of-the-art interactive and e-learning technologies, this program provides a dynamic approach to gatekeeper training that is both engaging and enjoyable.
Participants who complete this course should be able to:
- Describe the common myths and facts surrounding suicide
- Identify unique verbal, behavioral, and situational suicide warning signs
- Offer science-based emotional support to someone in crisis.
- Recognize at least three suicide warning signs
- Recognize at least three risk factors for suicide
- Recognize at least three protective factors against suicide
- Demonstrate increased knowledge, skills, self-efficacy and intent to act to intervene with someone at risk of suicide
- Describe evidence-based treatments for suicide
- Know how to engage and assist a suicidal colleague or co-worker
- Describe how to locate referral resources and how to access them